Anyhow, before I continue.. Regarding my post about, "A Friend" the girl is still saving him a spot before class, during circle time & asking him to play during recess. The other day we walked in & she gave him a big hug! Her mom says she wants to do a play date & Eli is one of the reasons her daughter is excited about school!! (Why do I worry?!) FYI, Chad didn't agree with that last post. Eli & friends is something Chad doesn't worry about with him. And that last post was me just being a worrier, which most moms are good at--so I am sorry!
And another progress update: Eli is no good at sharing, anyone who has had their kid play with Eli knows this to be a FACT. But today the therapist told me Eli did great playing with a few kids & a dollhouse. A kid would ask for something Eli had & he would share it. AMAZING. I almost cried tears, my little boy is getting it. Slowly but surely.
K back to what I read & needed to hear & wanted to share.
"..hold fast to what you already know and stand strong until additional knowledge comes."
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
I don't know what Eli's future is going to bring. Maybe he will be ready for kindergarten next year, maybe not. I think it's OK for me to hope that he will be ready & do all I can do to help make that happen. But because I don't know, I need to remember the things I do know.
|Random photo: 4th of July--Eli enjoying the fireworks.|
1. Eli is a child of God.
2. Heavenly Father loves Eli more than I do.
3. Heavenly Father knows Eli better than I do.
4. Heavenly Father gave Eli this struggle for a purpose. (And me this struggle for a purpose.)
5. I was given Eli to love, nurture, teach, & help him reach his potential--& am capable of this.
And last but not least.
6. Heavenly Father hears my prayers & answers them. (Not always how I expect them to be answered---BUT because He loves me & Eli & has a plan for us, I know He knows best.)
I LOVE what I know. It makes me not stress so much about the future, about things I can't do anything about right now. We are getting Eli the help he needs & doing what we can for him. Everything is going to be OK. I LOVE IT. Heavenly Father has our backs, if we just let Him.
Remind me of this post--if I get a little down. ;)